петак, 29. јануар 2016.

PRO #1: Geographical location

Since you're reading this blog I assume you already know where Serbia is situated. When I'm abroad and talk to foreigners about this, they often don't know where Serbia is located or what the capital city is. I find this odd, since I believe at least Europeans should know where the rest of european countries are located (I wouldn't be that surprised if I asked someone from Asia, but someone from Europe, pfff, come on, you gotta know this stuff hehe!).

Serbia on the map of Europe
So, I'd say Serbia has a very good geographical position, and is surrounded by many interesting countries, which had proven to be both good and bad during our history. But looking at this today, I think it's more than positive. Europe is known for its richness and variety when it comes to culture and all those pretty european countries you've heard about are really at the tip of our hand. In our vicinity are beautiful countries like Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, etc. Also, the Adriatic sea is just few hours away. So my point is, if you want to travel somewhere in Europe from here, it really isn't that far away!

But due to low life standard, Serbs usually travel to less expensive countries during summer, such as Greece, Montenegro and Croatia. During winter, we usually stay within the borders of our country, but if someone decides to travel, their destination will 90% be some mountain resort in Serbia - Kopaonik, Tara, Zlatibor...
One girl from Azerbaijan once said to me that for me it is easier to move to some other, wealthier country and make my life better. To her, it is slightly more difficult. So that pretty much sums up what I'm trying to say. Although Serbia is not such a great country when you compare it to other european countries, it still has some advantages in comparison to many countries in the world.

The benefits of our geographical location reflect in the climate too. Serbia has temperate climate, with mild summers and mild winters, so you can really enjoy all four seasons. In recent years, things are somewhat uneven, winters don't last that long, and summers can get quite hot. But anyhow, I'd say that here we have the best of both worlds. Plus no tornadoes, earthquakes or tsunamis, so I guess that must be a plus as well, eih?

Нема коментара:

Постави коментар